City Ambassador – Cambridge
Love Cambridge and want to share your passion for the city with millions of visitors? This is the job for you. We are looking for an additional Welcome Ambassador to provide a warm welcome to visitors and residents in the vibrant city of Cambridge. The successful Welcome Ambassador will earn £8 per hour and will based in Cambridge.
As a Welcome Ambassador you will direct visitors to their business destinations, food/hospitality venues and visitor attractions and be on hand to offer general advice and guidance to ensure they get the most from their visit and leave with a great impression of Cambridge. As the main point of contact for people visiting the city, the day-to-day responsibilities of the Welcome Ambassador includes:
- Provide a warm and professional welcome to visitors and residents
- Patrol designated beats and offer information and assistance to shoppers and other visitors to the area
- Be pro-active by approaching customers and those who look to be in need of assistance
- Actively promote the area, observe and react to customers’ needs and requests
- At all times, act in a courteous and professional manner, remembering your position as an Ambassador for the client
- Visit the stores in the area to promote all the activities of the Business Improvement District
- Liaise with Police, store security staff/managers on any relevant matters, offering assistance when required
- Monitor incidents of anti-social behaviour and deal with or report as necessary – if police presence required, this should be requested through the control room.
The successful Welcome Ambassador should possess the following qualities:
- Big personality
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to think on their feet
- Common sense
- A genuine desire to deliver a quality service with a smile
- A passion for Cambridge
- Ability to speak additional languages, is an advantage
This is a full time position starting immediately. Working on a 3 week rolling-roster (including weekends). Average working hours will be 40 hours per week
If you would like to apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you believe you are suitable for the role to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Friday 29th August 2014.